Monday, July 19, 2010

Vacation Bible School

Today Abigail and I went to VBS at my church. I almost didn't take her today, since she was really lethargic this morning, but I figured we could always come home early. We stopped on the way for a whole fruit smoothie for her and a frozen caramel latte for me (cuz it was just one of those days where you need caffeine, lol) and she attacked it like there was no tomorrow. A few minutes later she became much more animated, chattering away. I'm not sure if her blood sugar was low or what.

Our class had thirteen 2 through four year olds - quite a handful! We went to assembly with all the other kids, where we sang and did a "brick" collection (the kids buy bricks, which they get to use to build a wall, and the money goes to missions), etc, then we went to the classroom, where we colored, had storytime, went to the gym, had snacktime, had a "circle time" and then went to another assembly. The kids got really wiggly at the end, since the youth pastor who was running it had things geared more for the older kids, and it was kind of hard to keep everyone under control, but Abby was a real trooper.

Of course, we also had some time to play in the nursery, which Abigail loved. They had a "baby care center" set up, where the kids - but really only the girls, lol - could take a plaatic baby doll, undress it, wash it in a rubbermaid of water with some foaming soap and washcloths, then dry it off with a towel and redress it. They loved it! And I have to admit, it wasn't half as messy as I thought it would get. :) I will have to remember that for an indoor activity some day.

At the end of the day, Abigail was tired but seemed happy, and said she wanted to come back the next day. We posed for a picture beside the camel (forgot to mention the theme of VBS this year is "The Egypt Files"). I'll post it a little later, since I don't have my camera cord with me. :)

No comments: