Thursday, March 10, 2011

To My Little Color-Bringer


It's been so gray, drizzly, and dreary lately. The sky has been clouded over with sad stubborn clouds that strive to block the sun even as they refuse to drip drops of life-bringing water. I looked outside and sighed to myself that it makes me feel like I'm living in a black-and-white movie. But today you wore your deep pink top with orange sleeves and polka dots, and your little fuschia coat to match. At my house, you found your old giraffe, the yellow one with orange and red spots, and carried it around in a big hug, chanting softly, "g'raffe, g'raffe, g'raffe." There is no black and white in your presence. It's all color.
Some day you might read this, and I want you to know that you're the color-bringer in my world. The world might be a blank coloring book sometimes, but you're the one who fills up the lines and brings depth and dimension to life. My biggest wish is that I get to be around for the rest of your life, because I know that all the moments of your life are going to be amazing!

No comments: