Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reaching For Helicopters

Today Abby and I went outside to play in the snow. After awhile a helicopter flew by overhead. Abby got really excited, dropped her little shovel and pail, and stretched her arms up as far as they'd go - she was even on tiptoes.

"I REACH it!" she shrieked. "I REACH it!"

I wasn't sure I'd heard her right. "What are you saying, Abby?"

"I REACH it!" she repeated.

"You want to reach the helicopter?" I clarified. She nodded excitedly.

The helicopter was quickly out of sight.

"Aw," Abby sighed, clearly disappointed. "It gone. I reach it."

"You would have reached it if it hadn't gone away?" I asked.

She nodded sadly. "Yeah." Then she brightened, looking up expectantly. "It come back?"

She acts so much like a little grown-up, I sometimes forget she's still just a little girl who sometimes thinks she can reach the helicopter in the sky. Oh, to be two (and a half). :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Haha I know, right?! Everything is just so POSSIBLE at that age! It was great!