Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lots of Talking

Abby has started using sentences now. Yesterday when we pulled up at my house, she pointed to our dog, Oliver, in the yard and exclaimed "There's the puppy! Aw, so cute!" When we were sitting at the Mexican restaurant later, I asked her if she was hungry, and she said "My chips are coming." :)

She's started talking about ideas and concepts now instead of just concrete ideas. Today we were sitting and coloring and she said "I love..." and kind of trailed off. I asked her, "What do you love, Abigail?" and she started listing things - among them Hello Kitty, Sydney, mommy and daddy, Maggie (my sister), and chips. Quite an eclectic list to come up with, especially since I wasn't prompting her.

She understands the concept of time much better - if I tell her that we'll do something later, she's content most of the time and knows that this isn't the same answer as "no." She asks when school or gymnastics is and seems to understand when I say "tomorrow".

Speaking of school... she LOVES school and can't wait to get there each Wednesday! She practically runs down the hall saying "Miss Laura! Miss Robin!" and heaven help us if we're a bit early and the door isn't open yet. Also, I've noticed that lately she doesn't run straight to the door to see if I'm waiting for her when it's over anymore. She's still glad to see me, she still gives me a big hug and says "I MISSED you!" but she seems to be fully confident that I'll be there to pick her up.

Chris told me this morning that last night he and Abby were reading my blog, and she pointed to my picture and said "Sa'ah... (this is how she pronounces my name, lol)... I love Sa'ah." Several times in the last couple days we've been together she's come up to my randomly, put her hand on my shoulder, and said "My Sa'ah." :)

No comments: