Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"No Room For You!"

Funny story -

Earlier this week I waited a little too long to put Abby down for her nap; normally when I put her down, she's content and blows me kisses and then rolls over and goes to sleep quickly. That day, however, about a minute after I left the room I heard her start to fuss, so I turned on the video monitor that's in her room to see what was going on.

I have to pause and explain here that Abby sleeps with a lot of stuffed animals - there's Pooh Bear, Tigger, Piglet, Eyore, a stuffed mouse, a stuffed frog, a baby doll, and sometimes a toy or two. These are all faithfully rounded up before naptime, if she's taken them out of her crib, and she often talks to them, or arranges them all carefully "in order" as she's falling asleep.

When I looked into the monitor, I saw that Abby had carefully arranged all the animals, but seemed to be having issues with Pooh Bear. She kept pushing him and saying loudly and unhappily, "No! No! No!" Finally, she hit Pooh Bear over the head and threw him to the bottom of the crib, rolled over, and fell asleep. I thought this was kind of strange, since she and Pooh Bear are usually the best of friends, but I figured she was tired and grouchy.

Today as we were driving home, she fell asleep in my truck even though it was pretty early, so I knew she was tired. She woke up as we were coming through the house and I helped her collect all her critters to take back to the crib. She was pretty sleepy so I figured she would fall asleep quickly, but a moment after I left the room I heard her fussing, so I turned on the video monitor to see what was up.

All the critters were arranged - Pooh Bear, too! - but apparently Piglet was causing some strife. She kept setting him against the side of the crib, but as soon as she pulled her hand away, he (being a little top heavy for such a very small animal) would fall over. She kept pushing him back saying, "No! Stop that! No!"

Finally, she picked him up and yelled, "No ROOM for you, Piglet!" threw him to the bottom of the crib, rolled over, and fell asleep. :)

No comments: