Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Milestone

Today I picked up my younger siblings and took them and Abby to McDonald's to play on the playground (it got warmer this afternoon but still felt too cold this morning to comfortably go to the outdoor playground).

I remember when I first started watching Abigail a year ago, we went to meet the kids at the same playground, and there was no way she could play on the playground - she was way too tiny! It was shocking to me today to see her scramble up the steps and go crawling around the tunnels, unassisted, having a great time. She's gotten so big so fast!

Wish I'd gotten to take pictures... but she was moving so fast, all the ones I got turned out crazy-blurry!

The other nice thing, of course, is that after more than an hour of playing, she climbed down, ate a big lunch of chicken nuggets and apple dippers, and came home to take a good nap. :)

I laid her in her crib very sleepy - she was barely able to keep her eyes open! About five minutes later, I was sitting by the baby monitor. All was quiet, then all of a sudden I heard a tiny little voice: "OOOH NOOO! Where's POOH? And my FROG?"

I looked around, and lo and behold, Pooh Bear and Froggy were out in the living room with me. I jumped off the sofa, snatched them, and ran them down the hall before Abigail could get more worked up. The look on her face when she saw them in my arms can safely be translated, I think, as "Oh, here is 'my Sarah', the righter of all wrongs." :) At any rate, she smiled as I placed them in her arms and crept out, and when I got back to the living room and checked the monitor she was in the same position, arms wrapped around Froggy and Pooh Bear, fast asleep.

No comments: