Friday, April 20, 2012

"And I Love You!"


For two (and almost a half) years, when I laid Abigail down for her nap, we read a book, cuddled a bit, and I have kissed her and said "Goodnight, I love you!"

When she started to talk, she'd grin and respond back, "I know!" which made my heart happy. :)

After we read "Guess How Much I Love You" our routine changed, with me saying, "Goodnight, I love you!" and Abigail stretching her little arms as wide as they would go and responding back "Thiiiiiiiiiis much!" Which also made my heart happy.

Last week my siblings showed Abigail the American Sign Language sign for "I love you," explaining what it meant, and tried to teach her how to do it. She coyly refused to cooperate, and they gave up.

This weekend Chris texted me saying that Abigail was saying she missed me. :( I missed her, too.

On Monday at naptime we read our book, cuddled a bit, and I kissed her and told her, "Goodnight, I love you!"

Abigail carefully moved her fingers into a perfect sign, flashed it shyly, and whispered, "And I love you!"

<3

No comments: