Thursday, April 19, 2012

Art Work

Abigail has gotten very skilled at coloring and crafting lately - she cuts, paints, colors, etc so nicely!


Recently she's been very enthusiastic about the crafts she does at school; it used to be that they'd send home coloring pages with a few halfhearted scribbles, or crafts that were slapped together or obviously greatly "assisted" by the teacher, and when I asked her about them I'd get a shrug or a one or two word reply.




Lately, though, she tells me enthusiastically about how she created the craft, or why she chose different colors for the drawing.




Today they made these adorable rainbow fish crafts - I hope they read the book - it's one of my favorites! :)




They must also be learning about turtles, because Abby has brought home at least three of these turtle coloring pages. :) She loves turtles! She's always careful to point out to me how nicely she stayed in the lines, and how many different colors she used. Today, she showed me the little orange spikey circle she'd added in the upper left hand corner and announced that the turtle needed a family, so she gave him a son. :)

No comments: