Monday, July 16, 2012

Star Wars

On Saturday, Maggie and I stopped in to visit Abigail, and while we were there, Chris found Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi on TV. Abigail immediately exclaimed "Star Wars is SCARY!" After I told her that Star Wars was my absolute favorite movie ever, she was at least curious, and after a few minutes of watching, she was hooked so much that during the commercial breaks she'd beg Chris to turn Star Wars back on. :)

As has been well documented before, watching Star Wars with a little one is always hilarious!

Quotes from the evening:


Abby: "I like the golden guy - what's his name, again?"
Me: "C-3PO."
Abby: "Right. I like him. And what's his little friend's name?"
Me: "R2-D2."
Abby: "Right. I like them."


(When the emperor comes on screen for the first time)
Abby: "That mean guy looks JUST LIKE the EVIL mean witch who gave Snow White the poisoned apple - I'll be they're the SAME!"


Abby: "I do NOT like that big guy. What's his name?"
Me: "Jabba."
Abby: "I do NOT like Jabba. He's mean. Is he gonna die?"
Me: "... yes."
Abby: "He's gonna die? He is? MOMMY! *excited/happy* Jabba IS gonna die! YAY!"


Abby: "Wow... Yoda is SO GREEEEN."


(Part where Leia, in disguise, creeps across Jabba's palace to unfreeze Han)
Me: "Princess Leia is going to rescue Han and unfreeze him so that they can be together again. Because they love each other."
Abby: "Aw, that is SO NICE."


(The part just before Luke does a flip off the plank)
Me: "Watch, Abby, Luke is gonna do a flip!"
Abby: "He must go to gymnastics just like me!"


(When she sees Admiral Ackbar for the first time)
Abby: "I don't like him. He looks weird."
Me: "He's a nice guy, he just looks like that because he lives in the water. Like a frog or an octopus."
Abby: "I don't want him to nibble me."
Me: "Haha, he won't nibble on you. He's nice."
Abby: "I don't want him to eat my stuffed animals, either."
Me: "... ? He won't eat your stuffed animals. He's nice."
Abby: "He LOOKS like he wants to eat my stuffed animals!"

No comments: