Thursday, September 20, 2012

100!

She did it!

Abigail counted to 100, with only some minor prompting on what "set" of numbers came next - for instance, sixties, seventies, etc.

When she reached 99 she looked at me and said, "What comes next?" When I told her "100," she exclaimed "100!", flopped on the bed, and sighed, "Counting that big takes a lo-o-ong time." Lol.

We also started "Wind In The Willows" this week; I'm not usually a fan of abridged books (I feel like they strip all the good parts out, and really, most kids can appreciate good literature much earlier than we think they can) but I bought this copy for $1 and I have to say, it's one of the best versions I've read. It manages to keep the wonder and childishness and tongue-in-cheek irony of the original. :) Abigail loves all the different animals, and the fact that there's an illustration on every page.

No comments: