Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Girl's Day Out!

Today Abigail and I were going to hang out with my sister, Maggie, and do a little shopping, since I am badly in need of warm-weather clothes. Chris tells me that Abigail doesn't like to shop, but I beg to differ. :) I often take Abigail with me to do errands or go shopping, and she loves it! On the other hand, we know how to make a shopping trip fun - she gets to sit up front with me (my truck has a "child mode" which turns off the passenger airbag), and we play all our sing-along CD's and sing along loudly, and talk about all the flags, schoolbuses, big trucks, motorcycles, etc that we see. When we're at the store, I ask her opinion about whatever we're buying, and she gets to put everything in the cart. :) We can usually find a new toy or trinket to add to our "toy bag" (a bag I made and filled with books and toys for Abigail to play with while we're driving... she rarely uses it anymore except for rare occasions) and that makes it fun, too.

Anyway...

We went to pick up Maggie, and Anna (17) asked if she could come, and of course I said yes. She's looking for an African-inspired outfit to wear to a missions dinner next month. Elizabeth (14) helped me switch everything from my truck to Maggie's car, and I asked her if she wanted to go, and she did! So we all piled into the car and went for a girl's day out!

We stopped in at Starbucks so the girls could get dairy free Frappuchinos. Abigail loved Starbucks - she wiggled into a table (I think she thought we were at a restaurant and were going to eat - go figure) and watched everyone intently. She made it especially clear that she liked a motorcyclist who pulled up and came inside. She has good taste. :) She liked the strawberries and creme Frappuchino, and we let her have a little since it was caffeine and dairy free and therefore didn't contain any chemicals.

Frappuchinos in hand, we went to Fashion Bug, where Anna and I scored one piece of clothing apiece - kind of a letdown, since they had racks and rack of $5.35 clearance racks. :(

We went to Panera Bread next... Abigail was an angel through lunch. :) She was excited about getting her own milk, since Panera sells Horizons organic milk, and ate up all her food, plus a bite of my bread and one of cousin Maggie's chips. :)

We ducked into Ross, too, where Anna found the outfit she was looking for and I found a few nice things, too. Abigail was starting to look tired, but enjoyed looking at all the pretty materials!

We took the girls home and then went home for a nap. :) All in all, a fun day.

No comments: