Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hot!

I wanted to take Abigail to the playground this week, sort of to make up for not getting to go to gymnastics with her (yes, I'm still a little sad about this), and the week sort of snuck up on me what with all the traveling, and before I knew it, it was Thursday.

By 9 AM it was already 85 degrees out... eep! Chris had told me that a playground down the street had been renovated, so we went to check it out. I hadn't been there since my own playground days, and I was so impressed with the new look! Abigail played pretty well... she went down two different slides holding my hand, climbed through one tunnel all by herself and another with me, climbed up and down stairs, etc. There was definitely some reluctance at first but it wore off pretty quickly!

She did get really hot really quickly, though, so after an hour we left, much to her chagrin (I think she could have played another hour if I'd let her!). I was concerned that she was so red, even though I'd slathered her in sunscreen, but once she cooled off she wasn't even tanned. :)

My only disappointment is that I forgot to bring my camera, since I left it on the computer desk after I uploaded photos from my trip to Alabama. :( This one I snapped on my phone. Oh, well, I guess that just means we'll have to go back! :)

No comments: