Monday, June 28, 2010

Bye-Bye Binkies!

When I came in this morning, Chris told me that over the weekend Abigail threw out all her binkies. I was braced to hear tales of screaming at naptime, sleepless nights, and mid-day wails, but instead Abby seems to have done just fine. Apparently once she decided she didn't need a binkie, she was over it!

She's talking up a STORM now and I love hearing her talk! :) She's also been giving me kisses all day, which is another nice perk. It also kind of makes me a little sad, though - she's growing up so fast!

Today we went to my house to swim in my pool with the cousins. The pool is too warm to feel nice - it's been really, really hot this last week - so we threw a running hose in with us and Abigail loved it! She loved running the cold water through her fingers and over her toes, then she accidentally splashed one of the cousins with the icy-cold water, and when she saw the reaction she got, she kept doing it. :) The funniest thing was then Allen jokingly wrestled it away from her, she said "No!" and grabbed it back, and accidentally sprayed herself and started laughing and gasping from the cold all at once. It was pretty funny. She has no fear of the water - today she lunged out of my arms and her face went into the water a little. I asked her, "Were you trying to swim like a fish?" and she looked at me very wide-eyed and said very loudly, "YES!"

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Awwww isn't it so sad how they change overnight? Camila loves the water. She's doing great in swim lessons!