Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Keeping Our Cool

Natalie was going to pick up Abigail later this morning and take her to a local museum with her cousins and grandmother, so we only had half a day together. Abby wanted to go to the pool, but I didn't think we could make it there and back again in time (and plus, I didn't want to wear her out before her outing). I suggested we play outside instead. We went out through the garage and I found her tub of sand/beach toys, so I put her in her bathing suit, filled up the tub, and let her play in the front lawn. She was pretty thrilled when she figured out what was happening!


I showed her how to pour water out of the watering can and into the little watermill tower, then I took these pictures.


I turned around to put my camera on the steps of the porch, and I heard a little gasp. I turned around and saw this:


"Is the water cold, Abby?" She nodded vigorously. "Would you like to get out?" Just as vigorously, she shook her head no!

The water was frigid but it was a pretty hot and humid day so she seemed to enjoy it. I had to pull her out to get her ready to leave!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE kiddie pools and sprinklers. So simple, yet so fun!
When does she start Mom's Day Out? Camila starts tomorrow and I'm still sick over it. It's starting to cause some tension.

Taleia said...

I think the first day is September 8th... I'll probably stay up the night before, worrying. :)

Elizabeth said...

Pretty much what I did last night! I wrote about how it went on my blog today...maybe it will give you some encouragement.