Monday, August 9, 2010

Summertime, And The Living Is Easy...

I'm still finding pictures that I haven't put up here yet. :)



Here's some of us both - not too many of those since I'm usually BEHIND the camera trying to coax a smile! This was at the beginning of the summer... It's funny, I never thought she looked out of place with her binky, but looking at these pictures now that more than a month has passed since she's used one, I found myself thinking "What are you DOING with a binky?!? You're too big for one!" Funny how your perspective changes.



I snapped this one on our way out the door last Thursday - AKA "The day the airplane was down on the ground, not in the sky where it belonged." :) We were heading to the pool, but we were running into the library to turn in our reading program voucher, so I put on this little ruffled white coverup I found in her drawer, and then she saw the hat and wanted to wear that, too. And it was so. cute. I actually did a little squeal of cuteness after I got her dressed, which was totally a mistake because she instantly realized that all she had to do was bat her eyes and look sweet and I'd have given her anything she asked for.

Nanny rule number one: Never let your charge see how smitten you are with them. They can smell adoration like animals can smell fear. :)

We did indeed stop at the library, and then ducked into the little coffeeshop nearby for a latte for me and a chocolate-chip cookie for her, and I got sooo many compliments on how adorable she looked. Seriously, she looked like she had stepped out of a baby magazine. :)

No comments: