Friday, August 20, 2010

More Adventures!

So this isn't really a nanny story, per se, but it was pretty funny so I thought I'd share. :) On Wednesday, I was absolutely exhausted. I don't even know why - I slept pretty well the night before, but just couldn't seem to get going. Abigail slept in and was looking tired, too, so we had a nice day in playing Play-Doh, coloring, doing puzzles, and watching what is for us a lot of TV (a whole Curious George episode followed by an episode of Sid the Science Kid, and then Pooh Bear later on that afternoon) cuddled up together on the couch. That's when I know she's really tired, when she wants to snuggle. :) Anyway, she went down for a nap at 12 and was STILL sleeping when Natalie got home. I was so jealous! So I drove home and lay down on my bed - just for a minute - and I fell asleep.

I woke up, and this is what I saw: my room was darkish (interpretation: the sun is coming up) and my alarm clock reads 7:15 (translation: I'm fifteen minutes late for work, and I haven't even left the house yet!). I panicked. I jumped up, grabbed my cell phone, and began calling Chris to apologize profusely for stupidly going to bed and not setting my alarm clock, all the while rummaging through my closet for something to wear (since, obviously, I didn't lay out clothes last night). And I'm thinking the whole time, I'm really, really tired. How can I still be this tired after 12+ hours of sleep?!

Which is when I realize that it's probably more likely that it's 7:15 PM, i.e. STILL WEDNESDAY NIGHT, instead of being 7:15 AM Thursday morning. Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing (thank God Chris didn't pick up, he'd probably have fired me as being mentally unfit to watch his baby).

I look outside my window, but I still couldn't decide if it was dawn or dusk light, so I turned off my cell phone and looked at the date. Yes, still Wednesday.

I decide to go back to bed. This time I set my alarm clock. :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

HAHAHAHAHA that is awesome! At least for you it was nighttime. I have awakened 45 minutes late once, the first time I EVER overslept! (Although I've done it twice since.) Funny you mention it...I plan to go home, put laundry in washer, bathe, put laundry in dryer, and go to bed. I may not even eat. I am THAT tired.

Anonymous said...

I love what you men are usually up too. This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the great functions guys I' ve added you men to my blogroll, Cheers.