Monday, August 9, 2010

My Little Shadow

Today was so much fun!

I was sooo stiff this morning when I got up. About an hour after I got to Abby's house, she was playing play-doh and I decided to do some yoga and try to get un-stiffened. :) I moved about ten feet away onto the hardwood floor of the kitchen and began stretching.

A minute later I hear this little sound, and I glance up and Abby is watching me very intently, copying my moves. I was doing a half-moon pose at the time, and she had her little hands clasped over her head and was leaning over quite far, which surprised me since I'd have thought she'd have fallen over. :)

I smiled at her but didn't make a big fuss, and she followed me through a tree pose, downward facing dog, and child's pose. When we were done, I told her what a great job she'd done and she seemed pretty pleased with herself!

Last year I enjoyed doing impromptu yoga sessions with my sibs, usually to break up a tedious schoolday, but it never occurred to me that Abby might enjoy it, too! I'm so excited that she is showing interest - it would be exciting if this becomes something she enjoys that we could do together! :)

No comments: